Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Can Menages be Lasting Relationships

After Bitten in the Bayou was released a reader asked me if I'd ever write a menage where the trio stayed together. Another reader asked if I'd ever write a menage where the two men were also in love and interact sexually.

I'm not one to discount something off the cuff. I think at the time I probably said something about "considering it in the future."

I've thought about it a lot. I'm certainly pro m/m, f/f, m/f/m, etc in fiction and in life. You love who you love, regardless of gender. So for me, writing about a love between two men was, what I suppose some would call, a natural step.

The two menage novellas in my Deep Space Encounters series both feature m/f/m relationships where the men are also in love.

Interestingly enough, I haven't heard from readers one way or the other regarding those relationships. So let me know what you think. Can you enjoy a menage where the trio doesn't end up together? Can a person truly love 2 people? How about 3?

No comments: